alpha300 A - Nanoscale Surface Characterization
The WITec Atomic Force Microscope alpha300 A is a reliable, high-quality nano-imaging system integrated with a research-grade optical microscope and provides superior optical access, easy cantilever alignment and high-resolution sample survey.
WITec Atomic Force Microscopes are developed and designed to allow combination with other imaging techniques such as confocal Raman imaging. All imaging techniques can be integrated within the same microscope system. By simply rotating the microscope turret the user can then switch between the different methods. Possible combinations with AFM include luminescence, fluorescence, polarization analysis, bright field, dark field, SNOM, and Raman imaging.
- Surface characterization on the nanometer scale
- Lateral resolution: down to 1 nm
- Depth resolution: < 0.3 nm
- Wide range of AFM modes included
- User-friendly sample access from any direction
- Ease-of-use in air and liquids
- Unique cantilever technique for convenient cantilever exchange and alignment
- Precise TrueScan™ controlled scan stages with a selectable scan range of 30 x 30 x 20 µm³; 100 x 100 x 20 µm³; or 200 x 200 x 20 µm³
- Non-destructive imaging technique with minimal, if any, sample preparation
- Upgradeable with confocal Raman imaging and Nearfield-Microscopy (SNOM) in one microscope
AFM topography image of a fully developed sternal deposit from a woodlouse (P. scaber).
Magnetic Force Measurement of PC Hard Drive. The measurements were performed using AC mode technique with magnetic tips.
Digital Pulsed Force Mode image of fossilized bacteria. The image shows the different adhesion levels of the sample surface.
- Contact Mode
- AC Mode (Intermittent Mode, Phase Imaging)
- Digital Pulsed Force Mode (DPFM)
- Lift Mode™
- Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM)
- Electrostatic Force Microscopy (EFM)
- Force Distance Curves
- Lateral Force Microscopy (LFM)
- Chemical Force Microscopy (CFM)
- Kelvin Probe Microscopy
- others on request
- Research grade optical microscope with 6 x objective turret
- Video system: color video camera
- LED white-light source for Köhler illumination of tip and sample
- Manual sample or motorized positioning in x- and y-direction, 25 or 50 mm travel
- Microscope base with active vibration isolation system
- Various piezo-driven scan stages, fully capacitive feedback-controlled
- Inertial drive cantilever mechanics for AFM sensors
- Commercially available AFM cantilever can be used
- AFM sensors, Acoustic AC mode type, with reflex coating, pre-mounted on magnetic rings
- AFM sensors, contact mode type, with reflex coating, pre-mounted on magnetic rings
- Commercially available sensors can be used
- Min. 120 mm in x- and y-direction, 25 mm in height (adapter for larger heights available)
- WITec software for instrument and measurement control, data evaluation and processing